Usable Buildings website principles
Usable Buildings is for:
design and construction practitioners
- building users.
We aim for:
- Fast response both on-screen and in dealing with users.
- Distinctive, simple presentation.
- Commitment to the principles of usability.
- Accessible and useful content, mainly as pdfs.
- Low maintenance, but with regular updates.
- Commitment to ethical web practice Notes by Tim Berners-Lee
- Minimal use of gratuitous material, such as animated graphics, space-fillers and, especially, no advertisements, cookies, log-ins or passwords.
- Some kind of relationship with our users. We like to know who is using the site, and try to develop some kind of dialogue.
- Low overheads and dependencies, to help guarantee that the resource survives.
- Three clicks will normally take users to significant content
- We use coding and stylesheet resources provided by open-source Tachyons.
- Our thanks to Peter Cook.